What is the CACoP?
As part of Ofgem’s Code Governance Review the Code Administration Code of Practice (CACoP), was established.
The CACoP is a cross energy industry code document and aims to provide consistency in the approach and level of service associated with Codes modification processes.
It contains 14 principles to facilitate convergence and transparency in code Modification processes and aims to help protect the interests of small market participants and consumers through various means including the increased use of plain English in Change Reports.
Each Code Administrator takes it in turns to carry out the Secretariat function for all CACoP matters, including meetings and paper creation. In 2020, the IGT UNC is responsible for providing chair and secretariat services for CACoP. Minutes of all CACoP meetings for 2020 will be found on this page, in the documents section below.
What are the principles?
The 14 CACoP principles are summarised below:
- Code Administrators shall be critical friends;
- Documentation published by Code Administrators shall be in clear English;
- Information will be promptly and publicly available to users;
- The Code Administration Code of Practice will be reviewed periodically and subject to amendment by users;
- Code Administrators shall support processes which enable users to access a ‘pre-Modification’ process to discuss and develop Modifications;
- A proposer of a Modification will retain ownership of the detail of their solution;
- Code Administrators will facilitate alternative solutions to issues being developed to the same degree as an original solution;
- Estimates of implementation costs to central systems will be produced and consulted upon prior to a Modification being recommended for approval;
- Legal text will be produced and consulted upon prior to a Modification being recommended for approval;
- Modifications will be consulted upon and easily accessible to users, who will be given reasonable time to respond;
- There will be flexibility for implementation, to allow proportionate delivery times and realisation of benefits; and
- The Code Administrator will annually report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Code Administrators will ensure cross Code coordination to progress changes efficiently where modifications impact multiple Codes.
- Code Administrators shall support prospective energy innovators
IGT UNC Code Administrator must comply with the principles set out in the CACoP. The CACoP document is available to download on the Ofgem website.
The CACoP Forum
The CACoP Forum is a regular meeting of the Code Administrators. At these meetings, we review and discuss cross-Code issues and co-ordinate solutions to these. We also discuss ways to make navigating the Code landscape easier. These meetings are also open to interested Parties to attend.
Each Code Administrator takes it in turns to chair the Forum and facilitate discussions, including hosting and managing the meetings. This year (2021) the CACoP chair is the Master Registration Agreement (MRA). You can find all relevant information here, and please email email@example.com for more information or if you have any questions.
The CACoP Forum prepares a Forward Work Plan at the start of each year, laying out the activities it plans to complete that year. You can download the 2021 Forward Work Plan below:
At the end of each year, the Chair of the Forum produces a review of its year chairing the Forum. You can download past reports below:
In order to encourage Cross Code Engagement across the industry, please find a link below detailing the changes across the Codes and their potential impacts on each other.
|Document Title||Description||Type||Pub Date||Author|
|CACoP_26_Minutes||CACoP 26 (11 May 2021)||Adobe PDF||09/06/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP Newsletter||Newsletter April 2021||Adobe PDF||05/05/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP_25_Minutes||CACoP 25 (13 April 2021)||Adobe PDF||20/04/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP_24_Minutes||CACoP 24 (9 March 2021)||Adobe PDF||16/03/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP_23_Minutes||CACoP 23 (9 February 2021)||Adobe PDF||16/02/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP Newsletter||Newsletter January 2021||Adobe PDF||27/01/2021||CACoP|
|CACoP_21_Minutes||CACoP 21 (8 December 2020)||Adobe PDF||15/12/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_20_Minutes||CACoP 20 (10 November 2020)||Adobe PDF||17/12/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_19_Minutes||CACoP 19 (13 October 2020)||Adobe PDF||12/11/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_18_Minutes||CACoP 18 (8 September 2020)||Adobe PDF||14/10/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_17_Minutes||CACoP 17 Workshop (11 August 2020)||Adobe PDF||09/09/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_16x_Minutes||CACoP 16x Workshop (30 July 2020)||Adobe PDF||12/08/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_16_Minutes||CACoP 16 Workshop (14 July 2020)||Adobe PDF||12/08/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_15x_Minutes||CACoP 15x Workshop (16 June 2020)||Adobe PDF||15/07/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_15_Minutes||CACoP 15 (9 June 2020)||Adobe PDF||15/07/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_14_Minutes||CACoP 14 (12 May 2020)||Adobe PDF||10/06/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_13_Minutes||CACoP 13 (14 Apr 2020)||Adobe PDF||15/05/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_12_Minutes||CACoP 12 (10 Mar 2020)||Adobe PDF||21/04/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_11_Minutes||CACoP 11 (11 Feb 2020)||Adobe PDF||17/03/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP_10_Minutes||CACoP 10 (21 Jan 2020)||Adobe PDF||17/02/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP||Newsletter January 2020||Adobe PDF||24/01/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP||Forward Work Plan 2020||Adobe PDF||31/01/2020||CACoP|
|CACoP||Self-Governance Guidance document||Adobe, PDF||19/01/2017||CACoP|
|CACoP||Code Administrator Joint Working practice||Adobe, PDF||14/01/2019||Ofgem|